ReedPOP and DC Comics have officially charged award-winning artist, Francis Manapul, known for his work on, The Flash, Justice League, Witchblade and The Necromancer with the epic task of creating the official NYCC poster!
The custom design NYC feature takes Batman off the streets of Gotham city and casts his iconic image over a map of the five boroughs — the home of his creation in 1939.
The exclusive poster that will be featured across NYCC advertising, comic retail locations and as the NYCC ad within the DC books.
NYSW is a 10 day long festival with over 60 nerdy, geeky, cool pop culture events across all five boroughs of NYC in the lead up to this year’s New York Comic Con!
More News To Come
GOTHAM, WB COME TO NYCC
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BRINGS THE WORLDS OF GOTHAM,CONSTANTINE, THE FOLLOWING, FOREVER AND PERSON OF INTEREST TO NEW YORK COMIC CON OCTOBER 9-12
Plus Pilot Screening of Anticipated Series Constantine and Season Two Premiere Episode of The 100
Warner Bros. Television makes another exciting return to New York Comic Con (NYCC) with three new eagerly anticipated series, including Gotham (Mondays, 8/7c on FOX), Forever (Tuesdays, 10/9c on ABC), and Constantine (Fridays 10/9c, on NBC), in addition to returning hits The Following (Midseason on FOX) and Person of Interest (Tuesdays, 10/9c on CBS).
Confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2014 for panel sessions with fans include Constantine stars Matt Ryan and Angélica Celaya, along with executive producer David S. Goyer; Gotham stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards; Forever stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Garza, along with executive producer Matt Miller; The Following’s Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore and executive producer Marcos Siega; Person of Interest’s Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, along with executive producer Greg Plageman.
For the second year at NYCC, Warner Bros. Television will host preview night screenings in the Main Stage on Thursday, October 9. Fans will not only view the complete pilot episode of the hotly anticipated series Constantine (series premiere Friday, October 24, 10/9c on NBC), but also the season two premiere episode of The 100 (season two premiere Wednesday, October 22 9/8c on The CW) will be screened.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION SCREENINGS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9 • MAIN STAGE • 8:30 p.m.
- John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Following the aftermath of a tragic incident, Constantine has voluntarily checked himself into an asylum and sworn off investigating matters of the supernatural. But with dark forces gathering power in the world, he reluctantly resumes his old life — allying himself with Manny, a rogue warrior angel; Zed, a psychic with a dark past; and Chas, Constantine’s giant childhood protector — and only friend who’s managed to stay alive Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. The series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angélica Celaya (Dallas), Charles Halford (True Detective) and Harold Perrineau (Lost) and and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter), David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight trilogy) and Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC, premiering October 24th.
- Season one of The 100 saw the human race return, after a 97-year exile in space, to a wildly transformed Earth…only to discover that the human race had never truly left. Clarke found herself forced to lead a band of disposable juvenile delinquents as they faced death at every turn: from a world transformed by radiation, from the fierce Grounders who somehow managed to survive in it, and, perhaps worst of all, from themselves. Meanwhile, as The 100 fought for their lives on the ground, The Ark’s situation was no better. Both on the ground and in space, the final episodes revealed the true desperation of their plight, as our heroes risked everything just to stay alive. Noble sacrifices and heartbreaking choices changed everyone forever, and left them scattered to the wind at season’s end. The epic second season picks up with the group still scattered and desperate to be reunited. As members of The 100 and new arrivals from the Ark stake out their place in a dangerous and beautiful new world, they are confronted with the physical peril and moral dilemmas that come with reforging society. What kind of life will they build? And what will it cost them? This season’s quest will challenge them more than anything that’s come before. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Heroes will be born. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The 100 returns Wednesday, October 22 at 9/8c on The CW.
WBTV PANEL SESSIONS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11
- 7:00–9:00 PM (Empire Stage) Constantine John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angelica Celaya (Dallas) and executive producer David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC this fall, premiering October 24th. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Constantine and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCConstantine.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12
- 11:00–12:00 PM (Empire Stage) The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to New York Comic-Con for its third year in a row. Join executive producer Marcos Siega along with series stars Kevin Bacon and Shawn Ashmore for an onstage Q&A and special video presentation. With Joe Carroll once again behind bars, Lily Gray shot in cold blood by Mike Weston, and Luke dead at the hands of Max Hardy, Ryan Hardy’s conviction to forge a new life will be put to the test in the psychologically intense third season, when a new threat emerges from the shadows, proving to be even more insidious and dangerous than his former archenemy, Joe Carroll. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Outerbanks Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The Following’s third season premieres midseason on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheFollowing and follow the show on Twitter at @TheFollowingFOX.
- 1:15–2:15 PM (Main Stage) Gotham (series premiere Monday, September 22 8/7c on FOX): Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. The origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, Gotham will follow Det. James Gordon’s rise through the Gotham City police department. Everyone knows the name. But what is known of Gordon’s rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? Discover the never-before-told story of how Gordon navigated the layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains — the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker. Join series stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards, along with executive producers for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFox, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
- 3:15–4:15 PM (Empire Stage) Forever (two night premiere event, Monday, September 22 10/9c and Tuesday, September 23 10/9c on ABC): What would you do if you had all the time in the world? This new otherworldly drama follows Dr. Henry Morgan, a star New York City medical examiner, on his journey to answer that looming question. Henry, who hasn’t aged since the clock stopped 200 years ago, has a bit of a vested interest in studying the dead: He is immortal, and only his best friend and confidant, Abe knows Henry’s secret. Join series stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Garza, along with executive producer Matt Miller for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures, Forever airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ForeverOnABC and follow the show on Twitter at @ForeverABC
- 4:30–5:30 PM (Empire Stage) Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c on CBS): The smash hit returns to New York for the fourth year! Join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, along with executive producer Greg Plageman for a special video presentation and Q&A – as the science “fiction” stays one step ahead of real-world events. The second machine – Samaritan – now online, has made the elusive team targets themselves, having to hide in plain sight. The only thing more frightening than the ruthless Decima organization calling the shots, is leaving those decisions up to an untested Machine. Facing a dangerous tomorrow, the POI team must find a way to outsmart Samaritan, an all-seeing, all-powerful artificial intelligence that’s self-governing, continually evolving and growing stronger every day. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Person of Interest airs Tuesdays, 10/9c on CBS. Become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PersonofInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter at @PersonInterest
MARVEL AT NYCC
Fans at this year’s NYCC will get to experience the first cast appearance of the upcoming Netflix original series, Marvel’s Daredevil! Fans will also get an inside look at Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and what’s next for Marvel Animation, with a spotlight on Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
This will be the first time Marvel’s Daredevil cast will be assembled publicly to answer your burning questions about the series!
Marvel Animation Presents
(Friday, October 10 – 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM)
Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television, brings you the biggest animation panel in this universe – or any other. Get an exclusive first look at content from Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. season two and the future of Marvel Animation.
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
(Friday, October 10 – 5:45 PM – 6:45 PM)
Jeph Loeb returns with exciting news and the world premiere of all new episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before it debuts on ABC!
Marvel’s Daredevil, Exclusively on Netflix
(Saturday, October 11 – 5:15 PM – -6:15 PM)
Join the cast of Marvel’s Daredevil in their first-ever appearance with show-runner Steve DeKnight and moderator Jeph Loeb to answer questions and reveal secrets from the hotly-anticipated show debuting on Netflix in 2015.
REEDPOP AND BROOKLYN BREWERY TEAM UP TO UNLEASH SPECIALLY CRAFTED BEER AND NEW SUPERHERO FOR INAUGURAL NEW YORK SUPER WEEK AND NEW YORK COMIC CON
Exclusive IPA Available for a Limited Time During New York Super Week to be Supported by the City’s Latest Hero – The Brooklyn Defender – Created by Comic Artist Amy Reeder
ReedPOP, the world’s largest producer of pop culture events, today announced the launch of the 2014 Brooklyn Defender – an exclusive IPA specifically created as the official beer of the inaugural New York Super Week and this year’s New York Comic Con, along with the ultimate female superhero – the Brooklyn Defender.
The Brooklyn Defender IPA is “a beer with brand new powers” that will galvanize its drinkers’ inner superhero. The Brooklyn Defender will be introduced at an epic release party on September 10
and then ‘hop’ into select bars and restaurants across New York City all New York Super Week long, including the Bell House, Union Hall and Barcade. New York Super Week takes over NYC from October 3-12 leading into New York Comic Con from October 9-12 at the Javits Center.
This year marks the third year of ReedPOP and Brooklyn Brewery’s collaboration introducing the City to a brand new character and recipe. “This year’s Brooklyn Defender is an IPA as red as the setting sun, as brisk as a tornado and as refreshing as Amy Reeder’s ink style,” Garrett Oliver, Brewmaster of Brooklyn Brewery explains. “We incorporated some German red malts that give the beer the slightest edge of roast and a suggestion of caramel, and the explosive Mosaic hop steps out front with the aromatics.”
In celebration of the East Coast’s most heroic pop culture festival, well-known comic book artist Amy Reeder (Rocket Girl, Batwoman, Supergirl), characterizes the bold spirit of the beer in the form of the spunky female superhero the Brooklyn Defender. Embodying the New York City attitude, the Brooklyn Defender makes her own costume and goes out to defend civilians against tasteless beer.
“The new Brooklyn Defender packs quite a punch,” explains Reeder. “She’s your neighborhood vigilante hero: everything about her screams ‘homemade’ and ‘homegrown.’ A boxing and wrestling champ in her own right, the Brooklyn Defender decided her skills were needed on the streets to defend beer and all those who stand behind it!”
“New York Super Week and New York Comic Con are going to sweep the city with all things pop culture and the Brooklyn Defender beer and superhero are the ideal way to celebrate,” said Lance Fensterman, Global Senior Vice President of ReedPOP. “Brooklyn Brewery’s creation and Amy’s creativity bring beer and comics together in a way that encompasses pop culture, the city of New York and the week’s events.”
For more information on New York Super Week, visit: www.NewYorkSuperWeek.com. To find out more about the Brooklyn Defender and New York Comic Con visit: www.NewYorkComicCon.com and check out theBrooklyn Defender here: http://bit.ly/1pLZHXn .
DC TALENT AT NYCC
ADULT SWIM AT NYCC
DC Entertainment’s Artists and Writer appearing at NYCC
Ann Nocenti (KLARION)
Babs Tarr (BATGIRL) / Brenden Fletcher (BATGIRL) / Cameron Stewart (BATGIRL)
Becky Cloonan (GOTHAM ACADEMY) / Brenden Fletcher (GOTHAM ACADEMY) / Karl Kerschl (GOTHAM ACADEMY)
Bruno Redondo (INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US)
Bryan Q. Miller (SMALLVILLE SEASON 11)
Caitlin Kittredge (COFFIN HILL)
Cullen Bunn (LOBO, SINESTRO “Godhead,” WOLF MOON)
Meredith Finch (WONDER WOMAN) / David Finch (WONDER WOMAN)
Gail Simone (SECRET SIX)
Garry Brown (CATWOMAN)
Gerry Duggan (ARKHAM MANOR)
James Tynion IV (BATMAN ETERNAL) / Tim Seeley (BATMAN ETERNAL) / Ray Fawkes (BATMAN ETERNAL) / Kyle Higgins (BATMAN ETERNAL) / Dustin Nguyen (BATMAN ETERNAL) / Derek Fridolfs (BATMAN ETERNAL)
Jeff Parker (BATMAN ’66)
Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN / STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES) / Amanda Conner (HARLEY QUINN)
John Ficarra (MAD MAGAZINE, DON MARTIN: THREE DECADES OF HIS GREATEST WORKS)
Kyle Higgins (BATMAN BEYOND)
Len Wein (BATMAN ’66: THE LOST EPISODE)
Marc Guggenheim (ARROW: SEASON 2.5)
Marguerite Bennett (EARTH 2: WORLD’S END / EARTH 2) / Mike Johnson (EARTH 2: WORLD’S END) / Eddy Barrows (EARTH 2: WORLD’S END) / Jorge Jimenez (EARTH 2: WORLD’S END)
Meghan Hetrick (BODIES)
Peter Tomasi (ROBIN RISES)
Rafael Albuquerque (AMERICAN VAMPIRE) / Scott Snyder (AMERICAN VAMPIRE)
Ray Fawkes (GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT, BATMAN ETERNAL / CONSTANTINE) / Ben Templesmith (GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT)
Robert Venditti (GREEN LANTERN “Godhead” / THE FLASH) / Van Jensen (GREEN LANTERN CORPS “Godhead” / THE FLASH)
Scott Snyder (BATMAN) / Greg Capullo (BATMAN)
Sean Murphy (THE WAKE) / Scott Snyder (THE WAKE)
Tim Seeley (GRAYSON)
Tony Daniel (DEATHSTROKE)
Adult Swim will once again charm fans by hosting panels and talent signings from fan favorite series including Robot Chicken, Rick and Morty, Black Dynamite, and The Heart, She Holler along with an exciting look at the network’s highly anticipated new animated series Mike Tyson Mysteries and the live-action comedy series starring Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and Jack McBrayer at New York Comic Con on Friday, October 10th and Saturday, October 11th. Adult Swim stars and creators on hand will include Mike Tyson, Seth Green, Breckin Meyer, Dan Harmon, Chris Parnell, Michael Jai White, Tommy Davidson, Amy Sedaris, Scott Adsit, and many more.
New this year, Adult Swim will also host a nighttime fan party along the Hudson River on Saturday, October 11th as part of New York Comic Con super week. The Adult Swim Tyrannic Maiden Voyage will take lucky fans for a three hour cruise featuring a night of NYC views & city sights, an up-close look at Lady Liberty, a live performance by a secret musical guest, and the company of your Adult Swim Friends & Family. Boarding time is 8:00 p.m. with a 9:00 p.m. departure. Free for fans 21 years or older, fans can RSVP on AdultSwimPresents.com starting on September 29th. RSVP is first-come, first-served. If you miss your chance to RSVP to the Adult Swim Tyrannic Maiden Voyage, be sure to come by one of the Adult Swim panels. Impress our panelists with a thoughtful question, and you might get a Golden Ticket to the boat cruise (must be 21 years or older).
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10
The McBrayer/Triumph Panel
2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Location: Main Stage
Robert Smigel (co-creator and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog) and Jack McBrayer (star)
Batman returns to Gotham as DC Entertainment (DCE) celebrates his 75th Anniversary beginning October 9 at New York Comic Con. Festivities include an impressive booth and an all-star panel line-up in celebration of The Dark Knight. DCE’s panels will dive into bestselling titles, offer exciting new announcements and highlight new creative teams and brand new Gotham-based series.
* A multi-faceted booth presence featuring Batman costumes worn by Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale, and a very special cape and cowl from BATMAN v. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE director Zack Snyder. The booth will also include a Batman memorial statue that appeared in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and video game kiosks featuring Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment games LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM and INFINITE CRISIS.
* A highlight of DCE’s activities at New York Comic Con will be a must-see “Batman 75th Anniversary” panel that gathers renowned Batman talent for an in-depth discussion. On hand to celebrate the World’s Greatest Detective will be famous Batman artist Jim Lee (BATMAN: HUSH), DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns (BATMAN: EARTH ONE), bestselling BATMAN creative team, writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, superstar BATMAN artist Neal Adams and the “voice of Batman” Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham Knight). Saturday 2pm Empire Stage 1-E
* The future of Gotham begins this October and the “Batman: Gotham Rising” panel will herald in a collection of writers and artists to discuss Batman’s next 75 years, including the debut of BATGIRL’s new look, along with the debut of new series GOTHAM ACADEMY, ARKHAM MANOR and GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT, and a new storyline from the bestselling BATMAN series, and hit titles CATWOMAN, ROBIN RISES, and GRAYSON. Friday 3:15pm Empire Stage 1-E
Rick and Morty
3:20 p.m. – 4:05 p.m.
Location: Main Stage
Dan Harmon (executive producer), Justin Roiland (executive producer), and Chris Parnell (cast member)
4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Main Stage
Seth Green (co-creator), Matthew Senreich (co-creator), Breckin Meyer (writer/actor), and Clare Grant (guest star)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11
5:00 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Location: Panel Room 1A10
Carl Jones (executive producer), Scott Fuselier (producer), Michael Jai White (cast member), Tommy Davidson (cast member), and Byron Minns (cast member)
The Heart, She Holler
5:50 p.m. – 6:35 p.m.
Location: Panel Room 1A10
John Lee (executive producer), Alyson Levy (executive producer), Amy Sedaris (cast member), Scott Adsit (cast member), and Judith Roberts (cast member)
Mike Tyson Mysteries
6:45 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Panel Room 1A10
Mike Tyson (star), Rachel Ramras (cast member), and Hugh Davidson (producer)
DC ENTERTAINMENT CONTINUED
* Get an inside look at some of the amazing work from DCE’s female creatives at the “Women Of DC Entertainment” panel which will include JOKER’S DAUGHTER writer Marguerite Bennett, new series GOTHAM ACADEMY writer Becky Cloonan, HARLEY QUINN writer/artist Amanda Conner, WONDER WOMAN writer Meredith Finch, COFFIN HILL writer Caitlin Kittredge, SECRET SIX writer Gail Simone, and new BATGIRL artist Babs Tarr. Saturday 6:15pm Room Room 1A06
* Join the heroes of DC Comics – The New 52 at the “Champions of Justice” panel which will include JUSTICE LEAGUE writer Geoff Johns, WONDER WOMAN artist David Finch, STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES writer Jimmy Palmiotti, CONSTANTINE writer Ray Fawkes, DEATHSTROKE writer and artist Tony Daniel, LOBO artist Aaron Kuder, GRAYSON writer Tim Seeley and artist Tom King, BATMAN/SUPERMAN writer Greg Pak, and SECRET ORIGINS writer Paul Levitz. Saturday 4:15pm Room 1A06
* Get your download on the latest “DC Digital” titles from new series including ARROW: SEASON 2.5, THE FLASH: SEASON ZERO, SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN, as well as INJUSTICE and SMALLVILLE. You won’t want to miss sneak peeks and exciting news about what’s on the horizon for the digital slate. Panelists include Marc Guggenheim, Bruno Redondo, Marc Andreyko, Shawn Kittlesen, and Bryan Q. Miller. Sunday 2:00pm Room Room 1A21
* Unlock the secrets behind the hugely anticipated new storyline at the “Green Lantern: Godhead Begins!” panel, featuring a star-studded collection of talent including Van Jensen (GREEN LANTERN CORPS), Justin Jordan (GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS), Robert Venditti (GREEN LANTERN) and Brad Walker (GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS). Friday 1:15 pm Room Room 1A06
* Get an inside look at Vertigo’s genre-defying titles at the “Vertigo: Defy Conventions” which will amaze with trend-setting comics and top-notch talent. Plus be there for sneak peeks at what’s to come from the imprint that consistently defies expectations. Friday 5:15pm Room Room 1A06
* “Mad About MAD” – MAD Magazine presents the latest from the Usual Gang Of Idiots in this hilarious, must-see panel! Thursday 6:15pm Room 1A24
* Fans will be able to pick up exciting New York Comic Con exclusives including variant cover editions of THE MULTIVERSITY #1, BATMAN #35, BATGIRL #35, and two editions of HARLEY QUINN: FUTURES END #1 – “Love It” and “Hate It.”
Can’t make the Con? DC Entertainment’s website http://www.dccomics.com is the go-to place for behind the scenes coverage and in-depth interviews.
Download the DC Entertainment Events App on Apple’s App Store or the Google Play Store to stay up to speed on all DC Entertainment signings and panels at San Diego Comic-Con.